Determining What the Customer Wants to Buy
必須具備表達 Key expressions
Do you want me to show you anything?
要我拿點什么給你看看嗎?
Can I get you anything?
要在這里買點什么呢?
Do you like Chinese purd silk?
你喜歡中國真絲嗎?
Are you keen on this furniture?
你喜歡這件家具嗎?
Would you like a darker coat or a brighter one?
你是喜歡顏色深一點的還是鮮艷一點的上衣?
Any particular brand?
要哪個品牌的?
Which do you prefer,novels or magzines?
你想買什么書,小說還是雜志?
這是一個選擇疑問句,其結構為特殊疑問句+選擇1+選擇2,有時會有更多的選擇,如:What do you like best,fish,chicken or beef?
你最喜歡吃那些,魚、雞還是牛肉?
prefer意為(兩者中)更喜歡,常與介詞to一塊用。如:
I prefer pears to apples.
梨和蘋果,我更喜歡吃梨。
What can l show you,madam?
夫人,你想買點什么?
What kind of book would you like to read?
你想讀點哪種書?
What material do you prefer?
你喜歡哪種面料?
What kind would you like to see?
你想看看哪種?
May I know what you have decided1 on?
能告訴我你決定買什么了嗎?
What kind of hair spray did you have in mind?
你想買哪種噴發膠?
have something in mind在此意為想好買什么東西,常用于問句中。如:
prefer,
Do you have any particular color in mind?
你想好買哪種顏色了嗎?
It seems you are interested in arts and crafts.
你好象對工藝品有興趣。
Natural pearls or cultured pearls?We have both kinds.
你要真珠還是養珠。大家兩們都有。
I guess you might enjoy a book on Chinese cuisine2.
我猜你可能喜歡中國烹飪方面的書.
We have the very thing for you .
大家正好有你想要的東西。
對話 1 Dialogue 1
A:What can l show you, madam?
夫人,你想買什么?
B:l'd like to buy a pure silk dress.
我想買一條真絲裙子。
A:Well,we have many different colors of this design.Which kind do you prefer, a darker one or a brighter one?
好的。這種式樣大家有各種不同顏色的,你是喜歡顏色深一點的還是鮮艷一點的?
B:For my age.I think a darker one will be better.
依據我的年齡,我想還是深一點的吧。
A:Yes,I think so,too.
是的,我想也是。
對話2 Dialogue 2
A:Can you show me some jade3,please?
能給我拿些玉看看嗎?
B:Yes,of course.Would you like a jade ring?
當然可以。喜歡玉戒指嗎?
A:Yes,and I'd like a jade bracelet,too.
喜歡,我還想買一只玉手鐲。
B:Here are all kinds of jades4.Choose whatever you like, please.
這類是各種各樣的玉器.
A:Thank you.
謝謝。
[A moment later]
[過了一會兒]
A:Oh,this one is quite impressive.I'll take it.By the way,do you sell pearl necklaces?
嗯,這是很與眾不同,我買了。順便問一下你們店有珍珠項鏈嗎?
B:Yes.Natural pearls or cultured pearls?We have both kinds.
有些。要真珠的和還是養珠的?兩種大家都有.
A:I wonder which looks more lustrous5.
請問哪一種色彩更鮮艷?
B:Well,natural pearls are of hifher value,but the cultured pearls have equal luster6 and are just as beautiful.
嗯,真珠的價值較高。不過事實上,養珠也跟真珠一樣光彩漂亮.
A:Oh,I see.I think I prefer the natural.
哦,原來是這樣,我想這樣,我想還是買真珠.
對話 3 Dialogue 3
A:Good evening,miss.Do you want me to show you anything?
晚上好,夫人。要我拿點什么給你看看嗎?
B:Yes.I'm looking for a pair of gloves.
是的,我想買雙手套。
A:What kind do you have in mind?
你想買哪種?
B:I'm not so sure.Maybe something in leather.
我還拿不定,就來一雙皮的吧。
A:Just a moment,I'll get you a pair.Here you are.you may try them on.
請稍候,我去給你拿。給你,你可以戴上嘗試一下。
B:Thank you.This pair fits me perfectly7.l'll take them.
謝謝,這雙很合適,我買了。