Spiiker “影視原聲”,感受純正英音,體味優雅貴族生活!

中英對白:
Violet: Unfortunately, now...

可是不幸的是,目前......

Cora: Now a complete unknown man has the right to pocket my money along with the rest ofthe swag!

一個陌生人倒有權拿走我的錢和其余的家產。

Violet: The problem is——saving your dowry would break up the estate.

問題是保住你的財產,就會扔掉這莊園。

It would be the ruin of everything Robert's given his life to.

那Robert一生的心血就全毀了。

Cora: And he knows this?

他了解這類嗎?

Violet: Well, if he doesn't, he will.

他若不知,將來便會了解。

Cora: Then there's no answer.

那還是沒方法。

Violet: Yes, there is, and it's a simple one. The entail must be smashed in its entirety andMary, recognised as heiress of all.

有方法,非常簡單——打破限定繼承,徹底取消,Mary繼承全部家產。

Cora: There's nothing we can do about the title.

爵位還是沒辦法保住。

Violet: No, she can't have the title. But she can have your money and the estate.

沒錯,她不可以繼承爵位,但她會保住你的錢,還有這個莊園。

Violet: I didn't run Downton for 30 years to see it go, lock, stock and barrel to a stranger fromGod knows where.

我苦心經營唐頓30年,可不是為了讓不知打什么地方鉆出來的人一鍋端。
Cora: Are we to be friends, then?

那大家是朋友了?

Violet: We are allies, my dear. which can be a good deal more effective.

親愛的,大家是同盟,同盟工作效率更高。

See more information, you can visit us

英語口語測試 http://www.spiiker.com/daily/

在線學習英語口語 http://www.spiiker.com/english-plaza.jsp